Feb 23 2022
Aaron M. Smith
411 East Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Aaron Smith is a member of the Health Law Section. He concentrates his practice on legal and business issues for health care providers, with a strong focus on compliance. Aaron advises providers on matters of accreditation, licensure, medical staff credentialing, physician contracting, corporate compliance and health care fraud and abuse, including enforcement of the False Claims Act, Stark Law, and Anti-Kickback Statute.
He has significant experience in the health care industry including most recently serving as a Health Law Fellow for a large system with hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, pharmacy, research institute and health plans. Prior to that, Aaron worked as a Staff Nurse and Head Nurse for a total of ten years in both Wisconsin and New York. His familiarity with clinical governance and operations informs his practical problem solving approach.
- Georgetown University, J.D., 2015
- Seton Hall University School of Law, M.S., Health Law, 2013
- University of Wisconsin, B.S., Nursing, 2001
- American Health Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Health Law Section)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Health Law Section)