About Real Estate Litigation
Nobody intends to end up in a real estate dispute, but litigation happens. When it does, von Briesen’s real estate litigation team offers experienced and knowledgeable counsel. We are creative and proactive. We strive to achieve our clients’ most important objectives and deploy resources to do so promptly and efficiently.
The firm’s real estate litigation attorneys have successfully represented property owners, developers, contractors, real estate professionals, condominium associations and other individuals and companies facing a broad range of disputes:
- Contracts, including purchase and sale, leases and development
- Misrepresentation, fraud, and failure to disclose adverse facts
- Adverse possession
- Land use and zoning
- Partition actions dividing property between co-owners
- Broker commissions and ethical and fiduciary issues
- Realtor ethical and fiduciary disputes
- Disputes amongst general contractors, subcontractors, and independent contractors
Our real estate litigation practice covers all income-producing real estate property and projects such as office buildings, manufacturing, warehousing, apartment buildings, retail centers and hotels. Litigation regularly arises at all phases of these projects, from initial acquisition through construction and leasing.
We build teams that include our experienced real estate attorneys who specialize in real estate transactions. Our attorneys understand the contractual relations, business goals and complex legal concepts applicable to real estate. We focus on achieving practical, business-oriented outcomes.