Feb 07 2022
With broad technical experience, Derek has practiced exclusively in all areas of patent law. He has substantial experience drafting and prosecuting patents for the mechanical, electrical, and software industries. Derek has worked extensively on medical devices, consumer products, industrial machinery and processes, automotive technology, aeronautical technology, and software innovations including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and distributed ledger technology. Derek also has extensive experience protecting intellectual property rights in foreign countries.
During law school, Derek received experience working on both sides of patent prosecution as an extern at the United States Patent and Trademark Office as well as in The John Marshall Law School’s patent clinic helping indigent inventors.
- John Marshall, J.D., 2014
- Indiana University, B.S., Biology, 2011
- Licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC)
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA)
- Illinois State Bar Association